Providing individual counseling for children, adolescents and adults
Treatment specialization includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Anger Management/ Frustration Tolerance/ Emotion Regulation in children (as well as techniques parents can use at home to help)
- Anxiety Disorders (including Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, Specific Phobias, Social Phobias, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, etc.)
- Trauma Therapy for those who have experienced a negative life event (I am trained in EMDR and TF-CBT)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Developmental Disabilities
- Low Self Esteem
- Therapy for those who are simply just adjusting to a recent life event
I work with a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues and ages. One of my main specialties is Autism Spectrum Disorders including Autism, Asperger's Syndrome, and Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD NOS). I have been working with children, adolescents and adults (and those who care for them) diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder since 2006. Specific issues I have worked on with individuals on the Autism Spectrum include but are not limited to: Depression, Anxiety, Social Skills, Self Esteem, Trauma, and more. I have also worked with siblings of children on the Autism Spectrum to help them cope.
I have also spent a great deal of time working with children on anger management, frustration tolerance, and emotion regulation issues. When working with this population, I use a combination of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), workbooks and artwork. When these types of emotion regulation issues are related to a negative event the child has experienced, I am also trained in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) to help with this.
Another specialty of mine is Anxiety Disorders (specific diagnoses mentioned above). I have a variety of evidence based therapies I am trained in to help people cope with anxiety including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (for PTSD), and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR).
In a comfortable and supportive atmosphere, I offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each of my clients individual needs to help attain the personal growth they’re striving for. Please feel free to contact me with any questions about the type of services I provide.
In situations where medication may be helpful, I can also refer to a local prescriber.